|Erasmus code / ISCED:||
|Course title:||MS1-Influencing people|
|Name in Polish:||MS1-Wywieranie wpływu na ludzi|
|Organizational unit:||Faculty of Education|
|ECTS credit allocation (and other scores):||
|Type of course:||
The aim of the course is to gain basic knowledge of influence and skills to diagnose persuasion actions and deal with people that use manipulation techniques.
The course is intended to prepare students for an conscious response to manipulation and use of ethical perversion as a tool of influence.
The following topics will be discussed:
• basic concepts: persuasion and manipulation, cognitive and emotional component of influence;
• basic rules of influence: reciprocity, commitment and consistency, social proof equity, liking and affection, authority, unavailability.
The workshop part will help to develop social skills for diagnosing persuasive activities and dealing with people that use manipulative techniques.
• Cialdini R.B., Wywieranie wpływu na ludzi, GWP, Gdańsk 2002
• Dent F.E., Brent M., Wywieranie wpływu. Umiejętności i techniki przydatne do osiągnięcia sukcesu w biznesie, Wyd. Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego, Kraków 2009.
• E. Goffman, Człowiek w teatrze życia codziennego, Wydawnictwo KR, Warszawa 2000.
• E. Aronson, Człowiek - istota społeczna, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 2012
- student lists and describes the basic concepts of influence;
- student describes principles of persuasion: reciprocity, scarcity, liking, authority, social proof and commitment/consistency.
- student distinguishes persuasion from manipulation;
- Student diagnosed influence techniques and fallacies;
- student indicates the elements of the communication process that affect the consumer;
- Student behavior manifests evidence of dealing with adversaries that use manipulative techniques.
|Assessment methods and assessment criteria:||
presence control, continuous assessment, lecture, final test.
Copyright by University of Warsaw.