Global tourism trends
|Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Global tourism trends|
|Jednostka:||Wydział Geografii i Studiów Regionalnych|
Przedmioty do wyboru, dzienne studia II stopnia (Geografia świata) - sem. letni
Przedmioty WGSR ogólne opcjonalne, studia II stopnia
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||
Students are to recall the previously known categories about tourism geography and on this basis to learn and analyze the basic globalization changes related to tourism in various parts of the world.
Particular case-studies willl be shown to emphasis the positive and negative aspects of globalization in relation to developing countries and the development of tourism in their area and depending on the degree of their development.
Issues related to tourism economy, its impact on creation of GDP, environmental constraints and socio-cultural barriers will be discussed.
As part of the course the discussion on the indicators such as: Defert, Schneider and Charvat is planned as well as about the natural and cultural conditions of the location of the accommodation and gastronomic base, as well as natural and cultural conditions of the location of the paraturist base. In addition, individual stages of the development of a seaside tourist town will be discussed and selected examples of tourism development from all over the World will be shown.
The range of topics discussed in class:
- global tourism trends,
- the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global tourism sector,
- types of tourism: active, culinary, business, extreme, cultural and city-break tourism,
- overtourism phenomen,
- modern accomodation tourist facilities,
- tourist absorption rate, tourist capacity indicator,
- tourist routes (walking, lowland, bike - Green Velo, Euro Velo, mountain, ski) and issues related to creation of tourist routes,thematic routes,
- tourism development meeting the needs of individual forms of tourism: including leisure, cultural and active tourism,
- natural conditions of the location of the accommodation base, restaurants, paraturist base,
- stages of development of a seaside tourist city,
- selected examples of tourism development in tourist resorts around the world (chosen tropical islands, selected regions in developing countries).
- Podhorodecka K., Dudek A., 2019, Disadvantages connected with the development of tourism in the contemporary world and the concept of sustainable tourism, „Problemy Ekorozwoju”, “Problems of Sustainable Development”, vol. 14, no 2.
- Kowalczyk A., 2015, The world’s biggest hotel companies. Old trends and new tendencies, Miscellanea Geographica – Regional Studies on Development”, Volume 19: Issue 4 , p.26–33, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/mgrsd-2015-0020
|Efekty uczenia się:||
After completing the course the student:
1. in the field of knowledge:
- knows the professional terminology in the field of tourism geography,
- knows and understands the concept of tourist intenstity ratio and capacity index,
- understands the impact of globalization on tourism development,
- knows and understands the relationship between the natural environment and tourism development,
- understands the reasons for the spatial diversity of the tourism accommodation base,
- knows the theories regarding the development of a seaside tourist town and knows for what purposes the tourist isolation index is calculated.
2. in terms of skills:
- knows how to use knowledge to indicate the most favorable conditions for the development of tourism in selected countries,
- can use scientific literature and other sources to plan tourist development,
- can present selected issues in the field of tourism on chosen examples,
- can list the natural conditions of the location of the accommodation base and the natural conditions of the location of the paraturist base.
3. in the field of social competence:
- understands the impact of diversity of the natural environment on the development of tourism,
- can work in a group.
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
The final grade will consist of the following elements:
- class attendance (one unexcused absence possible),
- presentation of the tourist investment project (70% of final mark),
- participation in discussion and group tasks - work in groups (30% of final mark).
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr letni 2021/22" (zakończony)
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr letni 2022/23" (jeszcze nie rozpoczęty)
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Warszawski.