Global tourism trends (ERASMUS)
|Kod przedmiotu:||1900-ERASMUS-GTT||Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||14.6 / (0520) Environment|
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Global tourism trends (ERASMUS)|
|Jednostka:||Wydział Geografii i Studiów Regionalnych|
Przedmioty dla studentów ERASMUSA
Przedmioty dla studentów programu ERASMUS, sem. letni
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||3.00|
The assumption is that students are to recall the previously known categories about tourism geography and on this basis to learn and analyze the basic globalization changes related to tourism in various parts of the world. Particular emphasis will be placed on understanding the positive and negative calculations of globalization in relation to developing countries and the development of tourism in their area and depending on the degree of their development so far. Issues related to tourism economy, its impact on creation of GDP, environmental constraints and socio-cultural barriers will be discussed.
As part of the course a discussion on the indicator of tourist absorption and capacity is planned as well as about the natural and cultural conditions of the location of the accommodation and gastronomic base, as well as natural and cultural conditions of the location of the paraturist base. In addition, individual stages of the development of a seaside tourist town will be discussed and selected examples of tourism development from all over the World.
The range of topics discussed in class:
- global tourism trends,
- types of tourism: active, culinary, business, extreme, cultural and city-break tourism,
- tourist absorption rate,
- tourist capacity indicator,
- tourist isolation indicator,
- tourist routes (walking, lowland, bike - Green Velo, Euro Velo, mountain, ski) and issues related to setting out tourist routes,
- delineating thematic routes,
- tourism development meeting the needs of individual forms of tourism: including leisure, cultural and active tourism,
- natural conditions of the location of the accommodation base,
- natural conditions of the location of the gastronomic base,
- natural conditions of the location of a paraturist base,
- stages of development of a seaside tourist city,
- selected examples of tourism development in tourist resorts around the world (selected tropical islands, selected regions in developing countries).
- Podhorodecka K., Dudek A., 2019, Disadvantages connected with the development of tourism in the contemporary world and the concept of sustainable tourism, „Problemy Ekorozwoju”, “Problems of Sustainable Development”, vol. 14, no 2.
- Kowalczyk A., 2015, The world’s biggest hotel companies. Old trends and new tendencies, Miscellanea Geographica – Regional Studies on Development”, Volume 19: Issue 4 , p.26–33, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/mgrsd-2015-0020
|Efekty uczenia się:||
After completing the course the student:
1. in the field of knowledge:
- knows the professional terminology in the field of tourism geography,
- knows and understands the concept of tourist absorption and capacity index.
- understands the impact of globalization on tourism development
- knows and understands the relationship between the natural environment and tourism development,
- understands the reasons for the spatial diversity of the accommodation base
- knows the theories regarding the development of a seaside tourist town and knows for what purposes the tourist isolation index is calculated.
2. in terms of skills:
- knows how to use knowledge to indicate the most favorable conditions for the development of tourism in selected countries,
- can use scientific literature and other sources to plan tourist development,
- can present selected issues in the field of tourism on selected examples,
- can list the natural conditions of the location of the accommodation base and the natural conditions of the location of the paraturist base.
3. in the field of social competence:
- understands the impact of diversity of the natural environment on the development of tourism,
- can work in a group
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
The final grade will consist of the following elements:
- class attendance (one unexcused absence possible),
- presentation of the tourist investment project (work in groups),
- class participation in discussion.
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr letni 2019/20" (zakończony)
|Okres:||2020-02-17 - 2020-08-02||
zobacz plan zajęć
Konwersatorium, 15 godzin więcej informacji
|Koordynatorzy:||Katarzyna Podhorodecka, Dariusz Woronko|
|Prowadzący grup:||Katarzyna Podhorodecka|
|Lista studentów:||(nie masz dostępu)|
Zaliczenie na ocenę
Konwersatorium - Zaliczenie na ocenę
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Warszawski.